ARTICLES PERMITTED INSIDE THE EXAMINATION HALL
- Battery-operated pocket calculators of "non-programmable" type only, mathematical / engineering / drawing instruments, including a flat rule divided on the edges into inches and tens of an inch and into centimeters and millimeters, a slide rule, set squares, a protractor and a pair of compasses, pencils, coloured pencils, mapping pens, eraser, T-square and drawing board for use wherever necessary.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring with them any "Tables or Charts" for use in the Examination Hall.
TABLES TO BE SUPPLIED BY UPSC
If it is considered necessary for answering the questions set in any paper, the Commission may supply any of the following for reference purpose ONLY:
- Mathematical/Physical/Chemical and Engineering Tables (including Logarithmic Tables);
- Steam Table (including Mollier Diagrams for Temperature up to 800° C and Pressure up to 500 Kgf/Cm;
- National Building Code of India 1970 or 1983 Group 2 Part VI;
- Any other special articles as may be necessary for the candidates to answer the questions set in the question paper.
Note: After conclusion of the examination, return the above items to the Invigilator.
CHECKING THE ANSWER BOOK
- The candidate must write his Roll Number (and NOT his Name) ONLY in the space provided for the purpose on EVERY answer book used by him.
- Before writing in the answer book, please see that it is complete.
- In case there are any missing pages, it should be got replaced.
- Do not tear out any pages from the Answer Book.
- If you use more than one Answer Book, indicate on the cover of first Answer Book the total number of Answer Books used.
- Do not leave any blank, unused spaces between answers. If such spaces are left, score them out.
WRITING IN THE ANSWER BOOK
- Please read carefully and abide by the instructions printed on the Question Paper and on the Answer Book supplied in the Examination Hall.
Write the answers in your own hand in ink. Pencil may be used for maps, mathematical drawings or rough work.
- The candidate must attempt questions strictly in accordance with the directions given on each question paper. If questions are attempted in excess of the prescribed number, only the questions attempted first up to the prescribed number shall be valued and the remaining answers will be ignored.
- Questions relating to graph / precis should be attempted ONLY on graph / precis sheets to be supplied on demand by the invigilators.
- All loose sheets such as precis sheet, drawing papers, graph sheets etc. whether used or not, should be placed inside the answer books and fastened along with the additional answer book(s), if any. Candidates who fail to observe this instruction will be penalized. Do NOT write your Roll Number on these sheets.
UNFAIR MEANS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
Do not copy from the papers of any other candidate, nor allow your papers to be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description. It will be the responsibility of every candidate to ensure that his answers are not copied by another candidate. Failure to do so will invite penalty, as may be awarded by the Commission for adoption of unfair means.
CONDUCT IN EXAMINATION HALL
Do not misbehave in any manner or create disorderly scene in the examination hall or harass or bodily harm the staff deployed for the conduct of examination. You will be severely penalized if you attempt to do so. The candidates are not allowed to leave the Examination Hall before the expiry of prescribed time period of the examination.